Saturday, January 16, 2010

Will my rabbit be happy when i get a dog?

I have a pet rabbit and im getting a puppy this summer but im worried that my rabbit will be scared all the time and hide! Do you know if he would be sad?Will my rabbit be happy when i get a dog?
Depends on what kind of dog and how old your bunny is. The younger the bunny the better, as he has more time to adapt to the dog. The smaller the dog the better too! My mom's little dogs chase her 2 bunnies around, also eating up any presents from the bunny! They all get along! I had a husky that I couldn't even let get close to my rabbits. I gave my dog away as all he did was want to eat my rabbits! I did let him sniff my female rabbit once and she attacked my 80lbs dog (she's a special bunny!!) The dog was so startled he didn't attack back, I was lucky! Good luck! It could work, but be prepared for it not to work! Good luck!Will my rabbit be happy when i get a dog?
You will need to keep the rabbit and the dog apart. Rabbits are prey and dogs are predators. A dog can kill a rabbit in an instant before you can even react. And the dog may scare the rabbit, sometimes they can be scared to death.





It's even worse if your dog is a high prey drive breed such as a terrier, many hounds, huskies, malamutes and many herding breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment