Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why does my rabbit growl and bite me?

For the past week (give or take a few days), my female rabbit keeps biting and growling at me every time I try to take her out of the cage or feed her. What is wrong with her? I did move her into a new cage, a bigger one that she can run around in, which I figure is the problem. However, some people tell me it is because she is in heat. How can I make her feel better and be more kind? Once I pick her up, she's fine.Why does my rabbit growl and bite me?
It's a territorial issue. Unspayed female rabbits are actually some of the most aggressive - it's generally accepted in the rabbit community that the sweetest pet is a neutered male. It's also true what the earlier commenter said that rabbits don't come into heat. You ought to get her spayed, not only to reduce bad behaviour, but because it eliminates the risk of uterine cancer, which is otherwise very dangerous for her. Aside from that, just be patient.Why does my rabbit growl and bite me?
If she is still new to your home then she isn't used to the environment and she wouldn't be used to you yet too, because when i first brought my bunny home she kept doing the same thing, she kept biting me or nibbling on my clothes whenever i held her but she always let my pick her up though.





Here are some tips:


-play with her everyday for a little while


-make sure you talk to her a lot so she will get


-praise her by either petting her or giving her some tidbits





And never ever hit your rabbits or pull them by the ears. %26gt;.%26lt;
Female Rabbits can become cage-agressive. This is because your rabbit needs bred or fixed. What breed is it? Himalayans can be very cage agresssive.
She is being cage aggressive. An rabbits don't come into heat, they can breed at anytime.
k

No comments:

Post a Comment