Friday, January 22, 2010

Should i take my rabbit to the vet?

My rabbit found the plastic of the top of one of my cigarette packs. He started eating it for some odd reason. I chased him all over trying to get it from him. I thought he was going to choke on it but he didn't. But he did eat it. Now i am a little worried. Should i take him to the vet?Should i take my rabbit to the vet?
you should call the vet the and tell them about this firstShould i take my rabbit to the vet?
in my opinion, u sould definetely take him to the vet. as u probably already know, rabbits have a ';one way stomach'; which basically means that they can't throw up. the crap only has one way to go, and thats out the other end. the chances of him passing this are pretty slim...
Plastic on top of a cigarette pack? I didn't know they had plastic on them. If he ate just a little I'd wait and see how he's acting in the next day. If he shows signs of distress, then take him to the vet. Be careful what you leave around.
Your rabbit could possibly be ok or not. Rabbits do eat stuff like wood all the time. But there is the possibility that the plastic could get caught up in the intestines depending upon how big the piece of plastic was and how well it was chewed up.





If you notice that your rabbit stops eating or stops pooping. Then I'd recommend taking your rabbit to the vet. Otherwise it is probably ok.
No, you don't need to take him to the vet as long as he's eating and pooping normally. Rabbits teeth grow continually, so they chew on all sorts of things to wear them down to a normal length. Some of mine have eaten parts of their plastic bowls with no problems. Just try to keep him away from things he shouldn't eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment