Friday, January 22, 2010

Anyone know what kinda flea medicine I can use for a rabbit?

I have a rabbit and he has got fleas bad...I just dont know if cat flea medicine is safe for him or not. Anyone got the same problem?Anyone know what kinda flea medicine I can use for a rabbit?
hey hun....please ask a vet....most flea treatments for cats and dogs are to strong for a rabbit because they are extra sensitive to harsh chemicals...i learned this the hard way when my flop eared rabbit got fleas my sis and bro in law (with good intentions) put deluded liquid flea killer for dogs on my bunny....the next day she started having seizures and died....so please ask a vet....they will know whats best for them....in the mean time you can get those rid combs for lice (two in a pack one long comb one shorter) and they will get the fleas( just make sure you have a cup of water or set beside the toilet to dump the fleas in every time you swipe the comb throught it's fur) out chemical free!...i had to do this with my puppy cause he was to young for flea treatment and it works like a dream....love daisyAnyone know what kinda flea medicine I can use for a rabbit?
Pet stores sell a spray called '8 in 1 small animal spray' works great, I use it on my piggies for the pests that come in wood shavings.
Call someone at the shelter and ask them what they use. you can use a kitten flea med but I can't remember which brand will kill the rabbit. http://www.rabbit.org
Yes, use Advantage. Flea powder is dangerous for many animals...humans included...and doesn't work as well.
I used cat flea powder. Killed the fleas. Rabbit is fine.
My mom uses advantage on our bunnies..





use the small cat/kitten kind..and like half the tube.





wash them and bathe them well before you put the advantage on them

No comments:

Post a Comment