Sunday, January 24, 2010

What to do if a rabbit bits you?

We have a pet rabbit, and it just bit me on the hand. It's pretty deep, and it was bleeding pretty bad. I cleaned it out with with hydrogen peroxide and then we put some neosporin on it.


My questions:


*What else should I do?


*Should I watch it or should I just go to a doctor tomorrow?


* If this has happened to you what did you do?What to do if a rabbit bits you?
Rabbit stew.What to do if a rabbit bits you?
I get bit off and on. Thankfully rabbits don't carry much that could be passed onto humans and their mouths are fairly 'safe' places, as opposed to something like a cat.





Just keep the wound clean and keep an eye on it, and it should heal up within a week. If it's red, puffy, very sore, or if there's any discharge go see your doctor as you may have an infection. But generally there's no cause for concern
Unless the rabbit has rabies, you should be good. Just keep it clean.
sounds like you cleaned it well. just keep an eye on it and if it seems to get worse than go see a dr.
well, if you think it needs to be stitched up, then I advise you to go to the doctor. If the rabbit isn't ill, and you've cleaned it out, then you should be fine. It really depends on how bad it is....
  • foot cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment