Friday, January 22, 2010

My old rabbit circles and mounts my new rabbit as if he were female?

I don't understand this sexual behavior. I'm sure my new rabbit is a male, I checked. He also pulls out my new rabbits fur when he mounts him. I'm not sure why he's acting this way. Any help is appreciated.My old rabbit circles and mounts my new rabbit as if he were female?
A sexually intact male will mount anything, both in dominance and for sexual reasons - regardless if your other bun is male or female. If your new bunny is a juvenile, he also doesn't smell ';male'; to your resident bunny, so he automatically assumes ';female';.





While bonding two male bunnies can be tough, it's not impossible. That being said, keep in mind that some buns have really great memories, and one fight can cause them to never really bond with the bun that they fought with.





Be cautious about them being together if your older male is being aggressive - bunny fights can turn quite viscious.





The best course of action is to have both buns neutered. Many people don't like this suggestion, but I have found it really helps stop hormonal behaviours like mounting, aggression, territory marking. It makes it a little easier to litter train your bun, and you will have less chance of the boys fighting.





Some great rabbit resouces:





www.rabbit.org


www.ontariorabbits.org


http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/r鈥?/a>





You'll find a lot of info on rabbit behaviour on these sites.My old rabbit circles and mounts my new rabbit as if he were female?
Its done in Dominance.





The Older bunny is telling him,he's boss. If the grunting noise is a Soft,almost purring noise its a courtship behavioral,sound,if its harsh %26amp; sharp,he isn't a happy bunny. The new Rabbit may still smell a little like his mum--a female.Some Rabbits will hump anything,even footballs,which isn't done in dominance. He will carry on doing this,plus the young bunny may catch on when older. If you neuter them,it will stop this behavior.





Hope this helps,xxx
Its Normal rabbits have a over active sex drive I used to raise rabbits and my male stud would mount and hump a soda can if you put it in his cage, And I dont need to say why his food was tossed into his cage after the first time I put my hand in there to get his dish.lol Anyway your other rabbit will put a stop to it when its had enough. Do watch to make sure the aggresive one is not biting I had to keep my little horndog separate,. have fun they can give you hours of entertainment.
this is most likely because he's telling him who is boss, or is a little confused. Either way, it is probably best for them to be separated, at least until your older rabbit comes back to his right mind.
it doesnt mean that ur old bunny is gay. it jst means that he is a little bit confused. scare your older bunny, show him that what he is doing is not ok. give your new bunny a bath-- it takes away alot of sexual attraction.
They should be separated. The old rabbit will force his maturity and age and become dominant and agressive over the baby/new bunny since he was there first. They are not nice when it comes to their territory. The mounting is a natural thing that happens with rabbits and other animals if they are not neuterd. The baby still may have his mother's scent on him. Move them now before the new one gets hurt or worse. I am not kidding. I had twin dwarf rabbits and one grew faster than the other and ';took over'; their cage. It progressively got worse and me not knowing what to expect or what was really happening, found the smaller one dead after work one day.
This rabbit is gay. No doubt about it. You don't think only humans can be gay do you? NO. Obvious homo-bunny.
He might just be so excited to have a new rabbit around. You said he was old right? Well if hes really old he just might be confused. Or maybe hes gay?
well i don't really know i suggest this web site











http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/behaviourfaq.htm
sounds like a horny rabbit to me
he is really just trying to show him who is boss and he was here first!
spank him

No comments:

Post a Comment