Monday, January 18, 2010

Why is my rabbit eating but not drinking water?

I'm worried about my rabbit - I have had her 5 years and she is eating but not drinking water. what does this mean and should i be worried?Why is my rabbit eating but not drinking water?
Does your rabbit live is the garden? if so then it might be getting all its liquids fro plants ect, of not, maybe it is drinking a bit, your just not noticing it? i dont think you should be to worried if your rabbits healthy it should be just fine! =:3





my rabbit doesnt drink much either! but she lives outside and usually drinks when people arent looking, and maybe your bottle isnt working? rabbit bowls are MUCH better for drinking as thats how rabbits drink in the wild!





hope i helped!Why is my rabbit eating but not drinking water?
My rabbits have gone through fases like this too. Make sure your water bottle is dripping properly, and give your rabbit PELLETS rather than vegetables. Also, try getting him/her a salt lick. My rabbits prefer the brown ones, because they are mineral salt licks.


this should work, as it has for my rabbits in the past.


but one of those times my rabbit died, but yours should be fine.
Yes, rabbits usually dehydrate quickly so it's important she drinks. However I have a male rabbit who doesn't drink as much either. Monitor her droppings and if she drinks for another hour. If she doesn't then I'd take her to a vet, the outcomes are fatal diarhea.
Try taking your rabbit to a Vet.





http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1x3x鈥?/a>
Have you tried giving her a bowl of water to see if she'll drink that?

No comments:

Post a Comment