Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you know of any sort of special box that I could put my rabbit in while I clean her hutch out?

Well I clean out my rabbits hutch every week or so and I never have anywhere to put her. I have heard that there is a special kind of box that you can put them in. What are they called?Do you know of any sort of special box that I could put my rabbit in while I clean her hutch out?
I agree with the posters who suggested a pet carrier. They can be expensive and if you are not careful you can get stung. I have a 4 of the things for taking all our ferrets to shows/ Charity racing events. In my opinion the best value ones are the sometimes available in Lidl for a fraction of what you will pay in a Pet Shop.Do you know of any sort of special box that I could put my rabbit in while I clean her hutch out?
A pet carrier should do the trick - also very handy if you need to take her to the vets!
CARDBOARD
If it is only a short time, why not use a small dog or cat carrier or crate? I put my ferrets in a small cat carrier to take them to the vet, and they like it fine. Just a thought. Good luck!
Why don't you get a special run for her? It'll do her some good to be free on the grass for a bit. Make sure it's made out of wire and has a roof so no baddies can get in - you can even make it yourself as a family project.


(We made a chick run and now we're thinking of getting some rabbits for it)
mine is an indoor rabbit and runs around a whole room - he is litter trained. i can understand if u dont want to do this all the time but u could let it run around a room and try to litter train it (see where it does its poos/wees and place a rabbit litter tray there filled with cat litter - or u could just put it in a run, but my rabbit is so happy indoors i could never put it in a hutch or run again!!!
i use a cat carry box - put a treat inside and wait for her to hop in (if she doesnt like to be handled





my hubby made a run that is attached to the hutch only cost around 拢40 !!
you can get a ';run'; 2 put in the garden that way the rabbit can have a run about. but any box will do, as long as it is ';bunny proof';
how about letting her run around the garden for a while? rabbits need exercise so they don't get bored, plus she won't get lost since she's still in the garden!
a cat basket will do,but i would recommend a run that you can put her in and let her run around while her house is being cleaned
A rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment