Saturday, January 16, 2010

Will my rabbit ever like to be pet?

My rabbit is a spayed 6 month old who loves to be around people but does not like to be cuddled or pet. Is there anything I can do to encourage her to feel more comfortable being touched?Will my rabbit ever like to be pet?
Rabbits are generally not cuddly like cats or dogs.Will my rabbit ever like to be pet?
My friend has a rabbit and she is the same way. I really don't know if they grow out of it. I think they are just very independent.
try feeding her on your lap. or in your arms. after a while she should get used to the feeling of being held,cuddled because she will associate it with getting fed treats., also you can just carry it around wrapped in a cloth so it gets used to you and begins to feel more comfortable. dont feed her from your fingers tho because she will smell the food on your hands and nip you thinking there is still food there. hold the bowl or use a napkin to hold the end of the carrot or whatever, my kids all have bunnies and they started cuddling, feeding when we first got the bunnies as babys, now they even dress them up in doll clothes - not that the rabbits like it very much but they used to it.
I think it takes time and sometimes my bunny doesn't like cuddling either but sometimes she does and I think it depends how much time you spend with her each day to warm up to you. At night mine seems to like it better.. I say eventually she will want to cuddle and kiss your face like mine and when mine was that young I let her run around and she followed me around in my room so cute!
  • makeup tricks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment