Saturday, January 16, 2010

What shall I do to keep my pet rabbit healthy?

So whenever I try giving it food pellets it dosen't eat any at all. Then I try giving it apples(cut up into 2inch peices) it eats about 2. when i let it out of its cage all it ever does is run around look for weeds and eats them, i cant tell if its hungry or not.when i put cucumbers in it eats them straight away but i heard to much cucumbers is bad for the rabbit. what shall i feed it that would keep it healthy and how much?





thanksWhat shall I do to keep my pet rabbit healthy?
Try different pellets, some rabbits are fussy over there food. Leave them in for a few days and if they're still untouched take him to the vets. It's fine if he eats weeds, my buns eat weeds, stinging nettles, leaves, mostly grass.What shall I do to keep my pet rabbit healthy?
I have a bunny like that , she barely eats pellets and hates most fruit and veg , she's 4 yrs old and doing well , i wouldn't worry just provide lots of timothy hay , perhaps try a new food , if your feeding pellets then try museli , thats waht worked with me . museli is the rabbit food with all the different coloured pieces in . vary the veg you give for example





my female lionhead loves banana while my male rabbit hates it


my male lop loves strawberry but my ionhead wont even try one





work out what fruits and veg he likes and feed more of that .





good luck
hmm well it depends what age the rabbit is, a rabbit 16 weeks or under shouldn't get much veg or anything just their rabbit food and an occasional treat (veg etc).


If its older then try giving it pellets if it dont eat it cut up cucumber/carrot if it likes it most into small dices and then mix it up with its food





Should be fine and healthy, give it plenty of veg but not too much if its old enough, to keep it healthy, burnt toast is a good treat for rabbits, keeps their teeth good and helps them digest better.





x





x
Keep the pellets in the hutch all day or try some different rabbit food but if your rabbit continues not to eat see a vet!!! It's normal for a rabbit to run around and eat grass so don't worry about that. Try giving your rabbit a whole carrot chopped up, some brocoli, mushrooms, cabbage, sweetcorn and pea pods BUT NOT LETTUCE!
Rabbit like humans are all different some like something and others don't. Mine have always loved basil plants, carrots, spring greens, brocilli, romanine . I have attcted some sites i hope help. http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/pac鈥?/a>
Hi there.





You could try:


A handful of hay.


Some chew toys


Carrots


Cabbage


Dandelion leaves


Grass


1/3 of a bowl of pellets








Hope I helped you out - good luck :)
it doesnt need pet food to survive. how do you think they survive in the wild?! some rabbits just hate the pellets so give it dandilion leaves and clover. also give it cabbage and brocolli and carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment