Monday, January 18, 2010

Should my rabbit be with her baby bunnies more?

My rabbit gave birth yesterday. As soon as she had given birth she moved into her run to clean herself. Today, she is also spending all of her time in her run and seems to have no contact with her bunnies. I took a quick peek into the bunnies because I was advised to check all was okay and I cannot see any movement at all. I am very concerned.Should my rabbit be with her baby bunnies more?
I don't have any experience but here is a cite that has everything you will need to know.


http://www.rabbit.org/care/babies.html#A鈥?/a>


From what I have read it is completely normal and although it seems she isn't taking care of them she is.Should my rabbit be with her baby bunnies more?
She will take care of them.... Rabbits often pack there holes to keep the young ones safe. She will go in there at night, and don't touch the babies for at least a week; possibly longer. And don't sell them until 8 weeks because otherwise they don't get enough nutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment