Monday, January 18, 2010

Any chance a ferret would get along with a rabbit?

A girl from my work is moving and can't bring her bunny with her. I told her I would take care of it, but I am concerned that maybe my ferret will hurt it. While I know it's a possibility- what are the chances they will get along? My ferret used to play with cats at his old house. And what should I take into concideration when introducing them?


-Thanks in advance...Any chance a ferret would get along with a rabbit?
I would keep them separated. Ferrets are carnivores (as are cats). the interaction with a bunny would be very different. I wouldn't let them be together unless they were under very close supervision.





If it comes down to it there is nothing wrong with 'fostering' the bunny until a loving home can be found for it





Good luckAny chance a ferret would get along with a rabbit?
Most likely the ferret would kill the rabbit
do not let the ferret and rabbit play with each other. Ferrets hunt and kill rabbits in nature (they used to be used in england to hunt rabbits).
Feed the Bunny and the ferret until really fat.But not to fat they might die of cholesterol.
keep a gate or something that they can see through between them for the first few times. then, if they seem to like each other...have a friend or family member over and have them hold the rabbit and you hold the ferret and introduce them. don't be surprised if they aren't very friendly towards each other. remember, rabbits are prey to a lot of animals and ferrets usually eat a little bit of meat, so don't let them ';play'; until you're sure they'll be friendly to each other. :)
no, they are different animals, with different needs, i really think you should keep them seperate
I am sorry to tell you but ferrets and rabbits don't go together. It's like putting a lion with a zebra, hunter with the prey. Ferrets are hunters. I can tell because a few years ago, my ferret ate one of my hamsters and it would do the same to a rabbit :(.





But there is always a slight chance of succes! Try putting the ferret in a ball and let them introduce eachother. If your ferret gets wild, it wouln't be a good idea to put them together.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment