Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rabbit soft pellets that stick to his bottom?

I have a rabbit that I have had for about 7-8 weeks, he is about 3 years old. Luffy (rabbit) poop is soft and sticks to his behind, Luffy usually cleans himself but should this be happening? How can I change this, it makes it hard to hold him because I am always checking to see if there is poop and there is!Rabbit soft pellets that stick to his bottom?
Honestly if you can afford it just take him to the vet. No joke, I got a rabbit last week and it had the same problem with the mushy poop, it died last night. She started having seizures after being lazy all day and passed on. Please take it to the vet right away I don't want you to be in the same pain I am.Rabbit soft pellets that stick to his bottom?
Have you taken him to the vet because you should
make sure he's getting enough fiber, they should have plenty of rabbit hay or grass everyday and leafy vegetables such as fresh parsley and green leaf lettuce.
Rabbits have a strange digestive cycle, it's not like ours and it can be a little disturbing the first time you read it so steel yourself.


Forgot to add the typical Yahoo answer ';Take it/them to the vet/doctors.
There could be a couple of reasons this is happening... first off it could very well be sick so no matter what I would get him to the vet if you haven't already. Secondly, it could just be your rabbit's natural behavior. Our rabbit used to have the same issue after we had her a year or so, she checked out fine and the vet said it can be normal so it continued for about another year or two, then a little while ago she was having issues eating so we had her checked out again and one of her teeth were loose and a few others needed to be trimmed so she was under vets care for about a weekend. I cut her food back and she lost some weight is more active and no more poop on her bum! She can now clean herself easier and as you said it, I don't have to worry about picking her up and getting poop on me. If you can't get him to stop that I used to have a towel I put around her so I could hold her and not get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment