Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it ok to feel like a rabbit caught in the headlights?

I've just re-started college as a mature student, and am beginning to fill in UCAS forms and going to college open days.


Even though i'm 20, i'm absolutely horrified.


Even though i plan to stay in my home city, i can't help but feel scared to death about taking such a large step in my life...is it ok to feel like this?Is it ok to feel like a rabbit caught in the headlights?
oooh, yes its perfectly normal!


A few weeks ago, i posted pretty much exactly the same question about starting uni. I am a 29 year old single mum with 2 kids, and was terrified!!!





But now that i am 2 weeks into my course, i LOVE it! I have made friends (which i never thought i would do) , found my way around the campus, and am having a great time! Its daunting, but so much fun!


Go for it!Is it ok to feel like a rabbit caught in the headlights?
You are completely and utterly normal!!! I just can't believe that you are categorised as a mature student at 20. This is a big deal for you and it's perfectly understandable to feel apprehensive, but it's the best thing you could do and I'm sure once you've started on your course you will feel so much better. I only completed my degree when I was 40 and I have just finished my PGCE at 49 (a really mature student). Embrace your opportunity and enjoy it, but most of all remember that practically every person on your course will be feeling exactly the same way you do. Best of luck. xx
Not only is it OK, but it is normal. After about two weeks, you won't notice the difference. Find a place where your advanced age (c'mon - it is what 2 years?) is appreciated...like in a student group or even the career center!





Good luck!
  • urban decay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment