Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is it okay to bathe my rabbit under these circumstances?

They have urine stains on the bottom layer of there fur.


Should I bathe them fully or should I wet a rag and wipe them off?Is it okay to bathe my rabbit under these circumstances?
Wet a rag, your rabbit could develop a chill from getting wet.Is it okay to bathe my rabbit under these circumstances?
change out their bedding on a regular basis. If they are sitting in wet bedding, that just gives the fur more of a reason to stain.





I've put mine out in the yard early in the morning, in an exercise pen, when the grass is still wet from dew. It gives them exercise, nice fresh grass, and it gives me time to clean out their hutch. The dew from the morning grass wets their coat. When you put them back in their cage, they want to clean and keep dry. Nature takes over.
You really shouldn't ever give your rabbit a bath, or it will probably get chilled. Just take a warm wet rag and rub it's feet. You can also bring a bowl or lukewarm water to it and put it's feet in there and let them soak for a little, then rub it with a rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment