Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pros and CONS of raising a rabbit, also cage cleaning time, and how much money they cost include a $ amount!?

I am considering getting a baby bunny and I need some help deciding if this pet is right for me, please include all the things listed above and anyother things you can think of that might be usefull in assting my decision! Thanks!Pros and CONS of raising a rabbit, also cage cleaning time, and how much money they cost include a $ amount!?
Well It cost 160 dollars for the rabbit, food, toys, cage, and litter in the first day - But i spend about 20 dollars a week on food and bedding. Also we have to change is toys because he pees on them..





if you get a rabbit from a pet store i've had a worse experience than when I bought it from a person. My first rabbit pee'd all over and pooped all over the place- made my house smell horrible even when i cleaned his cage twice a week - He was a very angry rabbit - He would bit and he wouldn't let me pick him up - THey also spray pee when they're scared of surprised. The boys are worse with that. The one i bought from a breeder was a lot happier because he had experience with children and other things - And he also was healthier - He pee'd all over (I still have stains all over my floors) They also need a lot of attention or they almost get angry at you and are very difficult. We ended up giving them both to a farm and they're happy now that they can be outside and with other rabbits. I probably spend about 1000 dollars on my rabbits in the span of 5 months.Pros and CONS of raising a rabbit, also cage cleaning time, and how much money they cost include a $ amount!?
My best friend had a rabbit and it was awesome, loveable, and litter trained. Others I know of did not have this luck. I think it is important to get a baby and spend as much time as possible with it. If you do not keep it affectionate, it is not worth having...
It can cost alot. They only do well on the Purina rabbit chow. Get it in the 50lb bag for best value. I think it is about $17 a bag. You will want a cage- one with a removable tray will clean the easiest. When they get a few months old watch their teeth- they like to curl and cause damage to their mouth. Find out if there is someone that can ';float'; the teeth and the cost. They are cute but I think you would like a Dachshund better. I don't know the amount of costs as I raised rabbits years ago.
  • urban decay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment